The last time I used the petrol outboard - a short-shaft Mercury 6hp - was in 2024. The last time it was fired up would have been at the start of the 2025 season when it went in for servicing. Since then, I've been happily using the Eprop. But the time has come to switch over since, in the middle of August, I'm running a week-long cruise in and around the east coast for which I could usefully depend on the security of a longer range. And I don’t want to be messing around with chargers and sponging off pubs for electricity. So, I've decided to switch over now, mainly to make sure the petrol one still works.
Today was just a short stint, running it for about half an hour. Next week, I'm cruising round to the Deben and back for the Deben Lugger rally, which will afford further testing opportunities. Once through with all of that, I'll probably switch back to electric power, since it is generally so much more convenient.
![]() |
| 3.4nm |

No comments:
Post a Comment