This year's Deben Lugger rally was held on the weekend 31 July to 2nd August. As with last year, I decided to extend my involvement by sailing round on the 30 July and then back on 3rd August.
Here's some video of what was a wonderful event:
I left Pin Mill at 0400 on Thursday 30th July.
Then, on Friday 31st, the fleet gathered and we went for a pleasant sail up towards Woodbridge.
On Saturday 1st August, we cruised down towards Ramsholt in light winds.
And then on Sunday, there was the obligatory race, which is always a bit of fun. Prior to this, the fleet gathered at Waldringfield for some rigging checks, not that it made any difference to the race outcome. Alex still won by several leagues…
Then, I had a lively run down the coast, jybing into the relative safety of Harwich Harbour, and on to Halfpenny Pier for breakfast.























No comments:
Post a Comment